Tuesday, February 28, 2012

together we will make magic


THE MORE I AM EDUCATED, THE MORE I WILL BE ABLE TO SERVE OTHERS!





                I seek every opportunity that I can to learn, and grow so that I am able to pass my knowledge on to our younger generations.  I hope and pray each day that the world will unite, and world peace will be achieved.  I am actively involved in the community.  I volunteer, mentor, and involve myself in any and every opportunity that arises that will benefit all of humanity, and our communities.  I believe that as one person reaches out to another, it is possible to set off a chain of events, where people will help one another.  I hope that as a person sees a person helping another, it will encourage them to do the same, while embracing diversity, rather than judging one another.  As people are subject to different types of people, hopefully they will take the time to better understand the person and their situation.  I am a passionate person, and I always stand up for people who are mistreated, or going through difficulties in their lives.  I know that for us to create world peace, every individual must first find an inner peace within themselves, to accept who they are, where they came from, and traumas they may have experienced, to be able to grow and live with a positive outlook toward the future.  I believe that with the help and concern of others, just by showing them that someone cares and believes in them, it will give people the hope and motivation they need for them to overcome their self defeating thoughts and behaviors.               

                I love the word “link”.   I think that everything in this world is linked.  The mind is linked to the body, and its behaviors.  The body is linked to nature and its surroundings, and to complete the circle, our surroundings are linked to our thoughts.  As one becomes linked to the spirit within them, they are able to connect with the thoughts, and beliefs within them, and through self actualization, they are able to recognize and acknowledge their strengths, talents, or even their weaknesses.  The more a person is educated, the more they are able to understand themselves, others, and the world around them.  As their minds expand, they not only accept but also begin to understand reasoning behind their own thinking patterns, and others actions.  Through this process, they are opening up to diversity, thoughts/values/and morals different from their own, which they may have once feared or rejected, but now inspires them to want to know more, which results in them being able to relate to others whom they may have misunderstood at one time.  Once a person is linked with their inner selves, they then link themselves to others and the world around them.  As these people link, groups are formed, and if they are able to reach out and support one another, a productive and supportive community shall arise.  With communities now working together, these communities can link together, as they create a state worthy of praise.  As each group accepts one another, and works together, our nation can create an environment that is beneficial for the success of our future generations.  Maybe then, will our nations be inspired to join this force that is greater than one, to link together, to stand together, as a world undivided, where all persons are treated equal. 

                With love and acceptance in our hearts, one by one, we can lift each other up, and embrace uniqueness and individuality.  No matter our race, religion, beliefs, thoughts, morals, or values, if we all act with kindness and love in our hearts for others, while trying to understand one another rather than judge, the universe will conquer any obstacles in its path, including diversity, poverty, hunger, and hate.  People, organizations, governments, states, and countries can link together to form a bond where they realize that each group needs to work together and support one another in order for our country to strive. 

                For a person to be successful, they must be educated, but I also believe that real world experience is an even greater teacher.  For one to truly understand others, they must live in the other persons shoes.  With every job, and every experience, there is valuable knowledge to be gained.  This is the reason why I have never felt that any job was too big or small, too much of a waste of time, too dirty or degrading, too belittling or above me, or too insignificant because I am able to grow and better understand all the types of people and situations around me.  I enjoy having the opportunity to see things through others eyes, or walk in their shoes because it no only gives me the opportunity to better understand them, but also help me value the things and people in my life.  

                With each class that I attend at WVUP, I am able to better understand myself, people in general, the youth that I counsel on a daily basis, and the environments in which we live in.  Through various Psychological courses, and Sociological courses, I am able to learn what it takes to help both people, and our communities.  I hope to attend The Washington Center, in Washington D.C., next year, which specializes in the types of programs that I wish to get involved in such as Non-profit sectors, Civic engagement,  Civil Service, Advocacy, and Leadership to help me further my knowledge on the subjects so that I am able to make a real difference in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment